We understand that renting a traditional finnis cottage (or “mökki) can be quite different experience than, say, staying in a hotel or resort. We have compiled a small guide here to help you through the booking process, how to get here and some tips how to spend your time in a cottage like a Finn would.
1) Booking the cottage
You have two ways of booking cottage: either straight from our online shop or by contacting email@example.com
A) Booking from our online shop
- Go to https://www.okkolanlomamokit.com/en/cottages/
- Scroll through the cottage options, find the cottage that you find the most appealing. For reference, you can look at our pricelist and the map of our cottage area.
- Use the calendar to pick the date of your arrival and departure. Add the cottage to your shopping cart by clicking “book”.
- Our partners offer a variety of activities & tours. You can find them on the cottage page under “tours, activities & rental equipment”
- When you are done shopping, proceed to checkout. You can add final cleaning or bedlinen to your order under “additional services”
- Fill out your personal info.
- Agree to the terms & conditions, found here.
- You can pay using your credit card, finnish internet bank or mobilepay.
All done! You should receive the order confirmation and automated welcome message to your inbox. If you encounter any problems, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 500 259 378
B) Booking using e-mail
- Send me an email to email@example.com. Please specify which cottage you are planning to reserve, for which period and how many persons need accommodation. If you do not have a specific cottage and/or period in mind, I am most happy to recommend you a suitable cottage depending on your needs.
- After you have confirmed your reservation, I will send you a payment link for the cottage to your inbox. You can pay using credit card, finnish internet bank or mobilepay.
That’s it! When I have received the rent, I will send you a confirmation e-mail.
2) Getting here
We are located 100 kilometers (1,5 h drive) from Lappeenranta airpot and 300 kilometers (4 h drive) from Helsinki-Vantaa. The nearest city is Mikkeli, 70 kilometers from our reception (1 h 15 minute drive).
We strongly recommend that you rent a car if you do not have one. There are car rentals in Lappeenranta & Helsinki-Vantaa airports, as well as in Mikkeli (70 kilometers from our reception).
There is also bus station in Puumala centre (9 kilometers from our reception) but you will need a taxi from there. Also, please note that our cottages are located 2-6 kilometers from our reception.
Our address is:
You can find additional directions and gps-coordinates here.